Pop quiz, hotshot: Do you love bad movies? What about flicks from the ’80s and ’90s? Are you into the oddity of cult cinema and b-movies?
If so, let me ask you another question: Have you ever thought of taking your passion for cult movies and turning it into a reviewing legend?
Ever since Mutant Reviewers started in 1997, it’s been 100% staffed by off-kilter amateurs who simply wanted to share their favorite odd flicks with the rest of the world. We’ve operated as a team for nearly three decades now and are looking for more members to join this not-so-elite reviewing squad.
So if you would love the express your joy of movies in written form, we invite you to apply to be a Mutant.
What we’re looking for:
- Cult movie enthusiasts who truly love bad, weird, odd or unknown flicks — and constantly seek them out
- Talented writers who can work a spellcheck, write in a unique voice, and show a sense of humor
- Responsible individuals who can contribute at least two posts a month, minimum
What you get:
- The immense sense of satisfaction that your reviews are read by hundreds of people every day.
- To be part of one of the best teams of writers on the internet.
- To pick (within reason!) your own movies and topics to cover.
A few notes of importance:
- Look around the site to get a feel for who we are and how we do things to see if you’d fit in well here.
- We’re not political, we’re not into truly disturbing films, and our reviews aim to be family-friendly in language and tone.
- This is a “for fun” unpaid team position that plugs you into an established site without having to worry about formatting and promotion.
How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mutant Reviewers Application”
- In the email, include a brief bio about you and the types of movies you like, a sample review of a cult film, and one other sample of your writing (anything you’ve done before, including other reviews).
A few quick tips:
- Don’t be afraid to develop your own “voice” — you don’t have to try to mimic us, just be yourself!
- Please try to pay attention to spelling and grammar
- You can review new movies/TV shows or ones we’ve already covered in the past.