Let’s face it: If you’re on this site, you’re either really lost or you have a thirst for eclectic movies off the beaten path. But have you ever thought of taking your passion for cult movies and turning it into a reviewing legend?
Ever since Mutant Reviewers started in 1997, it’s been 100% staffed by off-kilter amateurs who simply wanted to share their favorite odd flicks with the rest of the world. We’ve operated as a team for nearly three decades now and are looking for more members to join this not-so-elite reviewing squad.
So if you would love the express your joy of movies — particularly those from the ’80s or ’90s or otherwise embody “cult” — in written form, we invite you to apply to be a Mutant.
What we’re looking for:
- Cult movie enthusiasts who truly love bad, weird, odd or unknown flicks — and constantly seek them out
- Talented writers who can work a spellcheck, write in a unique voice, and show a sense of humor
- Responsible individuals who can contribute at least two posts a month, minimum
What you get:
- The immense sense of satisfaction that your reviews are read by hundreds of people every day.
- To be part of one of the best teams of writers on the internet.
- To pick (within reason!) your own movies and topics to cover.
How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mutant Reviewers Application”
- In the email, include a brief bio about you and the types of movies you like, a sample review of a cult film, and one other sample of your writing (anything you’ve done before, including other reviews).
A few quick tips:
- Don’t be afraid to develop your own “voice” — you don’t have to try to mimic us, just be yourself!
- Please try to pay attention to spelling and grammar
- You can review new movies/TV shows or ones we’ve already covered in the past.